10) The Jaguars minimize Mike Glennon, elevating sixth-round rookie quarterback Jake Luton to the backup spot behind Gardner Minshew. Glennon began 13 video games as a rookie in Tampa and as soon as was a Week 1 starter for the Bears, however this can be the tip of the highway for him. Meanwhile, the Jaguars have 16 rookies on their preliminary 53-man roster. That’s as rebuilding as rebuilding will get.
11) Eagles GM Howie Roseman denied experiences that the workforce was attempting to commerce wideout Alshon Jeffery. They additionally surprisingly activated Jeffery off the PUP listing, which implies he’ll have an opportunity to play earlier within the season than anticipated.
12) The Jets introduced that Joe Flacco handed his bodily, which means he’ll be on the energetic roster. It seems Flacco might be able to again up Sam Darnold in Week 1.
13) The 49ers activated wideout Deebo Samuel from the workforce’s Non-Football Injury List, which signifies an opportunity that Samuel could possibly be able to play before later, probably even within the opener. That is welcome information for a workforce with so much of damage questions.
14) The Jaguars positioned operating again Ryquell Armstead on the COVID-19 listing for a second time on Friday, which helps to make clear their post-Leonard Fournette backfield. Undrafted rookie James Robinson impressed the Jags in camp, and Devine Ozigbo can play all three downs. Veteran Chris Thompson additionally figures to get loads of passing-down work underneath his outdated boss Jay Gruden. Free agent Devonta Freeman is visiting the workforce, in keeping with Pelissero. There’s little cause to suppose the Jags will miss Fournette.
15) Draft Twitter beloved Hakeem Butler, however the 2019 fourth-round decide could not make it out of his second coaching camp on a workforce that wishes to begin 4 extensive receivers. Butler was ranked as excessive as a top-15 prospect by some analysts.
16) The Patriots don’t currently have a kicker. Perhaps they are going to carry again Nick Folk after inserting a veteran on injured reserve later within the week, or maybe Bill Belichick goes to get actually wild within the post-Tom Brady period. After slicing the 31-year-old Mohamed Sanu earlier within the week, the Patriots’ launch of 29-year-old operating again Lamar Miller is one other signal this workforce is attempting to get youthful and quicker.
17) David Blough, Thanksgiving hero, didn’t make the Lions’ preliminary 53-man roster. This merciless minimize, nonetheless, could possibly be adopted with Blough being positioned on the apply squad.
18) The Jake Kumerow dream seems to be over in Green Bay. The new-school Jeff Janis — and Aaron Rodgers’ favourite — was half of the Packers’ cuts.
19) The Cowboys are reportedly planning to position RT La’el Collins on injured reserve in just a few days. That will permit him to return in as little as three weeks, however it’s a big blow to an offensive line already with out heart Travis Frederick. Journeyman Cameron Erving seems to be Collins’ substitute, which is a large downgrade.