The 2020 Democratic National Convention kicks off Monday evening as the get together prosecutes its case in opposition to a second time period for President Donald Trump.
The occasions, initially slated to happen in Milwaukee, will go on largely remotely from round the nation because of the coronavirus pandemic. Former Vice President Joe Biden plans to just accept the get together’s presidential nomination on Thursday evening.
Speakers will begin at 9 p.m. ET on Monday. Popular former first girl Michelle Obama will headline the group together with Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, the runner-up to Biden in the 2020 Democratic main race. Also talking is Republican former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who was one in all the final GOP candidates to drop out of the 2016 race in opposition to Trump.
CNBC.com will livestream the occasion, as will the DNC’s website.
C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC and PBS will present the full two hours of the conference every evening. Fox News, CBS, ABC and NBC will present the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. hour.
Sanders’ talking slot underscores the get together’s efforts to succeed in out to extra liberal voters. Other audio system embrace Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, the House majority whip whose endorsement helped to propel Biden to the nomination, and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who leads the vital swing state of Michigan.
Senator Bernie Sanders throughout an interview on June 4, 2020 —
Here’s the full record of Monday evening’s audio system:
- Former first girl Michelle Obama (slated to look in the 10 p.m. hour)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. (slated to look in the 10 p.m. hour)
- Sen. Doug Jones, D-Ala.
- Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis.
- Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, D-Nev.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
- Former Ohio governor and GOP presidential candidate John Kasich
- Former Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman