Senior BJP chief Kailash

Vijayvargiya on Wednesday accused the authorities in of working for the profit of the 30 per cent population of the state, who belong to the minority neighborhood.


He alleged the state administration tries to create obstacles for any programme or ritual associated to Hinduism.



“The state authorities works solely for the 30 per cent population (minorities) of the state. The remaining 70 per cent (Hindu population) are left to fend for themselves.


“Why is this government against Hinduism and its rituals? Our party workers were stopped by the police from performing ‘tarpan’. Later, we had to organise it somewhere else,” the celebration’s nationwide basic secretary mentioned.


Vijayvargiya’s feedback got here within the backdrop of the Kolkata Police stopping the BJP from organising its ‘shahid tarpan’ occasion and dismantling a stage erected for the programme at Baghbazar Ghat in north Kolkata, citing the prevailing COVID-19 state of affairs.


The saffron celebration, nonetheless, modified the venue to Golabari Ghat close to Bagbazar and carried out ‘shahid tarpan’ for slain celebration activists a day earlier than Mahalaya.


‘Tarpan’ is a ritual during which water is obtainable to the ancestors with prayers for peace to the departed souls. It is carried out on events like Mahalaya, which marks the start of the Durga Puja festivities, and Makar Sankranti alongside the banks of Ganga.


Referring to the imposition of the state-wide lockdown on August 5, the day of ‘bhoomi pujan’ at Ayodhya for the development of Ram temple, Vijayvargiya alleged the authorities creates obstacles for any programme associated to Hinduism.


“After we’re voted to energy in subsequent 12 months, we’ll work for the complete population of the state and never simply for a selected neighborhood,” he informed reporters after being prevented by the police from getting into Bagbazar Ghat.


Assembly elections are prone to be held in in April-May subsequent 12 months.


The police mentioned the BJP had not taken permission for the ‘shahid tarpan’ occasion, whereas the saffron celebration claimed it had despatched an e-mail to the police on Tuesday evening looking for permission for organising the programme.


“Do we need permission to perform ‘tarpan’ for our slain workers? It is a Hindu ritual that is being performed for ages. But still, we had sent an email to the police last night seeking permission for the programme,” Vijayvargiya mentioned.


Since final 12 months, the BJP has been performing ‘mass tarpan’ for celebration employees killed in political violence in West Bengal in the previous couple of years.


J P Nadda, the then BJP nationwide working president, had carried out ‘mass tarpan’ for slain celebration employees in September final 12 months.

(Only the headline and film of this report could have been reworked by the Business Standard workers; the remaining of the content material is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)